Friday

Easy Green - Quick Pesto Pizza

It's cold and raw and wet out today, people. Not a pleasant day to be out and about, as I had to be. So I made myself and a friend an easy pesto pizza for lunch. It goes together very quickly, so it's perfect for a meal on the run!
You'll need: 

Pre-made pizza crust
Olive Oil 
Pesto (I used my own which I make from my father's
4 cheese pizza blend cheese
Sharp cheddar cheese, grated
 

Preheat the oven to 450, then put the crust on a cookie sheet and brush it with olive oil. Spread the pesto evenly over the crust.
Sprinkle on the cheese, then pop it into the oven, turn the oven down to 425 and bake for 7 to 10 minutes.
I told you it was easy... Here's the finished product all ready to serve. It's featured here with my Gillian Floral Napkin, now on sale at Felix Populi.
My friend Jeffrey introduced me to these pizza crusts and they really are delicious and so versatile! Use your imagination and I'm sure you can find many ways to customize them for your own gourmet pizzas.

For my father's pesto you'll need:

4 cups fresh basil leaves neatly compressed
1 cup pine nuts
5 cloves freshly minced garlic
1 cup olive oil
1 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
Salt to taste

Begin by combining your basil, pine nuts and garlic in a food processor. Pulse a few times to begin combining them. With the processor running add the olive oil in a steady drizzle. Once it's all in, scrape the sides of the processor and add the cheese and pulse to combine. Salt to taste. Makes about 2 cups.

No comments:

Post a Comment