Friday

#08 More Kitchen Capers

Hello people, This week on the show I have some more kitchen tips for you.  

Have you been stymied my skid marks? It's a problem for linoleum vinyl flooring. There's a simple solution, however - lighter fluid. It lifts those unsightly blemishes like magic. You may have noticed in the comments from last week that a viewer, Donald, suggests citrus room deodorizer for the same task. I haven't tried that, but it's certainly worth a looksee. If you try it let me know how it works! 

Splitting an avocado can be messy business unless you use this little tip: Give it a twist instead of trying to pry the halves apart. It separates as if by magic! I also use a spoon to scoop out the pulp, rather than trying to peel the skin back, and pits can be removed with a good whack with a sharp knife and then a twist once the knife is lodged firmly in the pit. If you want to keep your avocado fresh in the fridge, leave the pit in the half you're saving and cover it with plastic wrap, similarly, place a pit in a bowl of guacamole and cover it with wrap as well and it will stay fresh too.

Sign up for my weekly email for my guacomole recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment